SOLAR PANEL SALES PITCH
In business, ideas are often shared through persuasion. Commercials or ads use some examples to help “sell” an idea. Shows like Shark Tank give entrepreneurs the chance to pitch ideas, hoping to get money to start a business.
TASK – The “Persuaders”
As sales reps for a solar panel company, write & videotape a commercial to get homeowners to buy your solar panels.
- It needs to have at least 2 key facts listed below, and no longer than 90 seconds. Be creative, but stay on topic (no “gag reels.”).
- Practice first…Jot your script on the whiteboard table, if needed.
- You may use any background in the lobby or patio, with adult supervision.
Go to this Flipgrid link to record your sales pitch. You will need to sign in with your Microsoft student ID. Log out when done!
- San Diego has more than 260 days of sunshine each year (70% of the calendar year).
- Solar panels produce no carbon emissions, so they don’t pollute the air.
- A home’s value goes up. This means the house is worth more money if it’s sold.
- The government may give money back when you install solar panels. It‘s called a rebate.
- Solar panels come in different sizes & can help protect your roof from harsh weather.
Erase any notes on your table, and leave the computer browser tabs open for the next group.
What did you enjoy or not enjoy about being persuasive?