SOLAR PANEL SALES PITCH
In business, ideas are often shared through persuasion. Commercials or ads use some examples to help “sell” an idea. Shows like Shark Tank give entrepreneurs the chance to pitch ideas, hoping to get money to start a business.
TASK – The “Persuaders”
Your team owns a solar panel business. Write & videotape a commercial for your company.
Include at least 2 key facts listed below, and no longer than 90 seconds. Jot your script on the whiteboard table provided with your dry erase markers.
Use this Flipgrid link to record.
- San Diego has more than 260 days of sunshine each year (70% of the calendar year).
- Solar panels produce no carbon emissions, so they don’t pollute the air.
- A home’s value goes up. This means the house is worth more money if it’s sold.
- The government may give money back when you install solar panels. It‘s called a rebate.
- Solar panels come in different sizes & can help protect your roof from harsh weather, or shady spaces in parking lots.
Erase the table, and log out for the next group.
What did you enjoy or not enjoy about being persuasive?